Ashville, with a population of 1491, is a small, quiet town with many amenities of a larger town. It was established in 1822 as the county seat. The courthouse has records, marriage, deed, estate, etc, dating back to the early 1800's.
Things to Do
- Ashville Museum & Archives: 205-594-2128
- Inzer House Museum, located within walking distance of the Courthouse: 205-594-5243
- John Looney Pioneer Homestead, built around 1820, is a two-story log house located near Ashville: 205-594-7849
Places to Stay
- City Park has tennis courts, softball fields, walking trails, and a splash park
- Greensport Marina has picnicking, boating, and fishing: 205-594-7469
- Horsepens 40 has unique rock formations and various activities during the year
Where to Eat
- Roses and Lace, Bed and Breakfast Inn at 7 5th Avenue offers rooms in historic home: 205-594-4366
- American Inn and Suites: 205-594-7080
- Huddle House
- Shaw's Bar-B-Que, Highway 231 North: 205-594-7801
For more information call Town Hall at 205-594-4151.