Judge Alan Furr serves as the St. Clair County District Judge, Place 1. He handles all District Court criminal and traffic offenses, all juvenile delinquency and status offender cases, and all protection from abuse act and domestic violence cases. He also presides over the Juvenile Drug Court.
Judge Furr is a member of Alabama District Court Judge’s Association, the Alabama Juvenile Court Judge’s Association, the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges, and the Alabama Association of Drug Court Professionals.
Prior to coming on the bench, Judge Furr practiced law for 17 years. He formerly served as the City Attorney for the City of Pell City, Alabama; local counsel for Alabama Power Company; and an Assistant Attorney General representing the Alabama Department of Transportation in St. Clair County.
Cumberland School of Law (Juris Doctor)
Troy State University (B.S. in English)
Alabama Bar Association
- Aviation Council of Alabama
- Children’s Policy Council of St. Clair County (Board of Directors)
- Coosa Valley Youth Detention Center Advisory Board
- Day Program Advisory Board
- Pell City Chamber of Commerce
- Rotary Club of Pell City
- St. Clair County Bar Association
- St. Vincent’s / St. Clair Hospital Advisory Board